Wednesday, July 14, 2010

return to normal


So the kids are back from their week of fun with Papaw and Grandma Susan. They had a great time. Bunky caught a trout and Bobo a little bluegill. Bunky even tried some of her fish for dinner. It is nice to have a few days of peace and quiet around here I feel better having them home. As a result I have not made much progress on Juno. I did manage to get Mom's Christmas sweater started (Mom knows all about this sweater so I can blog away about it.) Making good progress on the body, I broke one of my size 7 dpns so I will need to get a new set before moving on to the sleeves. It is another EZ seamless pullover. Mom asked for one when last winter when I made mine and the kids. I'd knit anything for my Mommy. Also otn is a plain sock. The kids and I have been going to the park so plain sock has seen a lot of knitting time lately. I have finished the heel/gusset/foot. Ready fro the toe. Yarn here is Cascades Heritage Handpaints. Not sure of the colorway number. The color in the picture is really good. This is a new to me yarn and I love it. Reminds me a lot of Shepard's Sock. 75%merino 25%nylon.
Today it became too hot outside to do anything but sit in the shade and moan. No park knitting this evening or this week from the looks of things. Might be less sock more sweater. Why do I always want to knit sweaters the the heat of summer? I blame Carin. She planted the idea in my head with her podcast Round the Twist.
Time to put the MK's to bed...
There are 32 days till the first day of school. Not that I'm counting or anything...

No comments: