So I got my confirmation for Secret Pal 10. I can not wait! Here is my Questionnaire.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like almost any kind of yarn. I am not a fan of novelty yarns or Red Heart Super saver type stuff.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A large rubber maid tub
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting on and off for most of my life. I picked it up again last summer and have not stoped. I would say I am working toward intermediate
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
no but I will have to check this out
5. What's your favorite scent?
I like clean scents, nothing too fruity. Sage, mint, vanilla are my favorites
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have a bit of a sweet tooth, I love chocolate, mints, and dried apples
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do not spin, but it sounds like fun. I also like to loom knit, paint boxes,decoupage, and a little beading.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like just about everything rock some of my favorites include: Billy Joel, Rush, REM, They Might Be Giants, The Bobs, The Beatles, Pat Benetar, Janis Joplin... The list goes on and on
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Red is my favorite over all, but I love color. I am not a fan of neon or pastels
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married for 11 years with 2 kids. 6year old girl 3 year old boy. One large lovable mixed bread dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Haven't had a poncho since I was a kid. All cold weather stuff is welcome in the Midwest!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Hats and handbags right now. I seems to change
13. What are you knitting right now?
A feather and fan scarf, a scrap blanket, I am also cooking up a new bag design
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes! I love to make gifts too!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use both straight or circ. I use aluminum and a few plastic but bamboo are my favorite.
I don't really like the plastic
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I think I still have a scarf I started in college
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, with Halloween a very close 2nd
19. Is there anything that you collect?
cut glass, Harry Potter, Pop culture, classic novels, yarn, knitting stuff
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't get any magazines.
as for things I would like
Books: a good learn to knit socks book, One Skein Wonders, and a stitch guide.
I love patterns of all kinds, I have a big pile.
Needles: any bamboo. I am replacing all of my needles with bamboo. I just like them better. I haven't tried wood ones yet
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I want to learn to knit cables, and socks. I also hope to try my first sweater.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
not yet but someday I hope...I am a ladies 7 1/2US
23. When is your birthday?
May,4,1972...shhh don't tell