Friday, April 03, 2009

Wow! What a World

the Iowa Supreme Court today struck down the state ban on gay marriage as unconstitutional! This opens the door for gay marriage here in the Midwest! I still don't understand how some people can be against equal rights for all. This is the USA we treat everyone the same. Or at least we should. How can people say that letting same sex couples marry devalues my marriage? It has no effect on my marriage at all. Or any ones marriage for that matter. We can not be a country of equal rights for some and not for others. I don't want to explain to my kids why some people are treated differently, and I should not have to. "...that all men are created equal" and ..."liberty and justice for all" are not just nice words, they are the very backbone of our country. The reason so many want to come live here. Today Iowa took a small step in reaching this ideal. Let all hope the rest of the country catches up soon.

Next: What is the big deal if the Queen of England wants to give our first lady a half hug in public? Come on people...20 world leaders in one room and this is what we are talking about?
Did you see Mrs Obama with the school girls? I thought for a minute it was the Jonas Brothers or something. What a great example for young girls today. Here is a woman who came from nothing and is now a role model for girls and Women all over the world. I bet her kids are proud. I am sure Mr Obama is smart enough to know how lucky he is.

No comments: