Saturday, July 04, 2009

Jimi!

3 colorways for SS'09 inspired by Jimi Hendricks. Hey Joe(red and black), Purple Haze and Voodoo Child. These will not be in the shop, you can only get them at SS. I love Voodoo Child. It came out just like I saw it in my head. Very cool.

A few other notes:
Michael Jackson. Yes he died too soon and it is very tragic but wall to wall news coverage is just out of control. Did we have this much coverage for the Pope or Mother Tressa? Crazy. MJ's was a Rock and Roll legend anyway but his death gives him automatic legend status. See I have a theory about Rock legends. You can earn your legend status with great music or you can win it by the manner of your death. If a rocker died from something drug related (Jimi, Janice, Elvis) they are a legend. If they die in a fiery crash of a plane of some kind (Buddy Holly, Stevie Ray Vaughn) Legend. If a rocker is murdered (John Lennon) legend.

I hope you all have a great 4th of July today. We have gloomy skies this morning, but Hubby and I both have the day off. We hope to grill out tonight and spend some time just hanging out with the kiddos.

No comments: