Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Icelandic Yoke

Here it is. Icelandic Yoke Sweater, for my 100 Years of EZ project. Yarn was from stash. Knit right from the book. Just like she told us to.
Above you see the short rows at the back of the neck make a big difference. If I make another I would make the yoke a little longer and add a 2nd set of short rows at the base of the yoke. As you can see below. It fits almost too well. I am not wearing the proper undergarments. A good bra would improve the fit.

The great thing about knitting this pattern is I feel like I can really make it my own. It's almost like a good play. A really good play can be done in a hundred different ways. Each company bring something new to a classic work. Its what makes theatre so fun to do. So this sweater is my by the book production. I am planing a fun hand dyed production for future staging





1 comment:

Shells said...

Handspun around that yoke would be really fun!