Thursday, July 26, 2007

SP10 Update and SSK

Well the nice lady I was going to send the angle package to has heard from her pal. It seems her package was returned to the states by the Aussie post, So I am waiting until I hear more.
I took another look at SSK and it seems to me what I was doing was to K2tog through the back loop. As Elizabeth Zimmerman tells me this twists both stitches. I think I have it now though, I was making it harder than it needs to be.
I am still knitting away on Tubey I need another 10" or so. I have been trying to knit a few rows of everynight so I can get it done. I am pretty tired of all the black wool so I started a project for my Moms b-day that I should have done by the time she gets here. I have had Moms twins (GAL) gift ready since their birthday but Moms is just getting done. This is because I only decided what to make her last week. I will share that one when she is here and I can get a picture of her with it. I also still have Mom's mothers day gift here. I hope she has room in her bag to take everything home.
On the sock front, I started a pair of socks for MG. She wanted a pair like Mommy's with
"prettier colors" I am using the yarn I frogged from the Lace socks. I have been knitting these socks at work on break instead of smoking. This has drawn many questions from the muggles I work with. They seem in awe of the fact that I have 5 needles in my hand and can just knit away while talking. Gee I can walk and chew gum at the same time too! This has also meant lots of requests for hand knit items. How much can you sell a pair of hand knit socks for anyway?
Coming up I have pictures to share of the warehouse sale prep...

No comments: