Friday, July 20, 2007

Update



Here is a progress shot of Tubey. As you can see I messed up the ribbing a ways back, I did not notice it until I looked at this picture. Well Shit. Now what? I could Rip out 6" of body and knit again or I could leave it and finish the thing. I am thinking of just leaving it and calling it a lesson learned.I am a lazy person after all. Also I am starting to think this sweater is going to be very warm. The Wool of the Andes has a nice woolly texture but is not very soft.I don't know if I will get much wear out of it. If I ever knit this pattern again I would choose a different yarn. WotA is only $1.99 per ball So this is a $20.00 learning experience. I tend to be on the thrifty side with yarn if I am knitting something I have never tried before. I have a fear of creating something awful out of beautiful yarn. I am getting more and more confidante with my knitting with each project. I have ordered some silk blend yarn for my next project. I can't wait to try it. As I knit more I want better yarn.

The Waving Lace Sock is slow going. For some reason I just can't do SSK right. Stupid left hand. I need to get that one down. I have looked at pictures but I just don't get it. I think I will ask the nice lady at the LYS to show me. I have one pretty mangled repeat done. I think I will practice with one more repeat and then frog and start over. I don't want one messed up sock and one nice sock. I am using Knit Picks Memories yarn. it is variegated. I think it is a little busy for this pattern. I think I might dye some yarn for when I start over. A solid perhaps.

Speaking of dyeing yarn I have a green skein in the pot right now. See I got the Favorite Sock book because I want to knit the Embossed Leaves socks. I think green is the perfect color for this pattern. Gotta get that SSK first but I will have the yarn all ready. I will show it off when it is dry.

I am still waiting to hear form my HSKP pal again. I have not heard from her in a week or so. My kit was received. I will post a link later.

1 comment:

Lorena said...

Tubey - hey, are we the same person...? I knit my Tubey in WOTA before coming to my senses and realizing that, hello, I live in FREAKING FLORIDA. When am I going to wear a sweater knit from WOTA?! Sigh. I've worn it twice, both times at work where it's freezing. Again; sigh.

SSK - are you slipping both as if to knit, both as if to purl, or slipping one as if to purl, and the second as if to knit...? I'm not sure if it matters or not; some patterns indicate which to do, but I couldn't find anything in my copy of the pattern that says "this is the way." Oh, or wait, did you mean you're having trouble positioning the needles...? You can email me if you want and I can try to walk you through it!