Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Updates

So I finished the first Ribbon Candy sock yesterday and cast on the 2nd. I am trying not to start anything new until these are done.

All my Holiday packages went out in the mail today and the shopping for the kids is done. We bought much less this year. I am hoping to hit the after Christmas sales for some new winter clothes for them. I always find great deals after the holiday, I just have to find the money.

I have also decided to look for another job after the first of the year. I need to earn more. I don't want to put the kids back in daycare but will if I have too. I don't really want to lose my house, so if that means back to full time before I had hoped then so be it. I just wish we could make it to next fall. I am hoping to find an optical job. I loved helping people see better, and I made good money doing it. Not to toot my own horn too much but I was pretty good at it. I am watching the classifieds.

I hope to have new yarns for the shop after Christmas. I need a few more sales before I can buy the base yarn. What do you think? Should I do more sock yarn or more heavier weights? Remember I can dye any colorway you like on almost any base yarn so if you want some worsted or something just let me know!

No comments: