Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Look Ma! 2 Socks!



So here they are, the first pair of socks I knit. I see why people love knitting socks. These knit up pretty quick when I put my mind to it and I can take my sock knitting anywhere.

This was the first super wash yarn I dyed and I got some white spots. They bug me, I love the colors. I plan to try this dye again and see if I can correct the problem.

GAL (my aunt MG's great aunt) asked me to show her how to knit socks. This should be fun! She is due to visit this summer.

In other knitting news:

I am going to dye some more sock yarn later for a new pair of socks. I am also working on a gift knit for my SP10 spoliee I should be able to get this done before I go to NYC Sunday. I hope to have a new sock started to take with me. I also have a baby hat to get done soon. the baby is due in 3 weeks...

In basement news: the sub floor is done! It was not as hard as we thought it might be. Hubby is pleased. Now he just has to build everything else!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice socks and super fast on the subfloor! I'd love to remodel our basement into useable living space, but I don't think our situation would permit it. Our water table is too high!