Sunday, April 08, 2007

Purple Urple


So here is my first hand dyed sock yarn. The yarn is 100% merino wool from Knit Picks. I was going for all purple but the dye seemed to crack in the pot and I got this beauty. I wish you could see the range of colors, from pale violet to bright indigo. This pretty will become a little bag for a friend who is having a baby. I dyed the yarn with her in mind. She does not want baby stuff as she has tons from her first 3 kids. so I am putting together a Moms luxury bag for her to take to the birth.

In other knitting news:

I just finished a little bag for my babysitter. her hubby got a great new job but it is in Cleavland Ohio. MB will miss her and his little buddy Trenton. We have a new sitter but we will miss Tina. I will post a pic of the bag after I have given it. I designed it myself and am quite proud of it.

The sock goes on. I am working on the foot. 2 more inches to go before the toe shaping and then grafting the toe. I can do that, right?

Oh and I started my holiday knitting. I know it is early but this is a quick knit. I am almost done with a neck warmer in hand dyed yarn. I will not say for who but this is an other one of my custom dye jobs. can't say for who but I am pretty sure they don't read the blog. FO pic and pattern info to come with the babysitter bag.

Had a note from my SP10 today. she sent me a box. can't wait...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your hand-dyed yarn looks fabulous! I have never ventured into the world of dyeing yarn. But, now you are tempting me.

SP10