Wednesday, November 05, 2008

For my Grandma








The red socks are my Grandma's Christmas gift. They are thick and warm, sure to keep her toes warm in the cold Chicago winter. The green is my Lighthouse Gansey sock. I love it! The pattern is very well written and easy to follow. It is hard to get a good picture of the pattern but trust me its cool. The orangey red one is a sock I started to have something simple to knit in line at the polls. You can't really tell from the pic but there is a basket weave type pattern. The yarn is my own BunkyBobo's hand dyed, colorway Big Bang Burger Bar. 75% wool 25% nylon. Not as soft as I would like but it should hold up well. I knit most of this watching the returns last night to keep from chewing my fingernails off. They may get set aside as I knit socks for the kids for Christmas. I know I said I was done with gift knitting but kid knitting is always going on.

By the way: Monster Boy is now known as Monkey boy. MG is now Bunky Girl. For some reason she doesn't want me to call her Monster Girl anymore. She likes Bunky better so Bunky it is.

Monkey Boy wants a knit blanket for his birthday. His birthday is in 5 weeks so I had better get started. I don't see myself getting it done in time but we shall see. I have to get some yarn for it. He says it must be round like bunky's and blue, green and black. Gotta love a guy who knows what he wants.

1 comment:

PhatLady said...

Hey your grandma is going to love those socks! What a nice granddaughter you are!