Thursday, November 13, 2008

Still no sun

There is still no sun to be seen here in the heartland. I thought I saw a bit this morning but by the time I dropped Bunky at school it had gone. Bummer.

I was at Miss Violets the other night and she is having another one of her clear outs. Books, yarn craft stuff you name it. I came home with some purple worsted wool and 2 skeins of lace yarn. What am I thinking? I am not really a lace knitter but the color is so pretty and I'll try anything once. I think I will let it sit in the stash for a while. Maybe I'll use it for vacation knitting next summer.

With Holiday prep well underway here I can report that not only is my gift knitting done but the only people I have to shop for are the kids and Hubby. No kidding, everything that needs shipping is already here waiting for gift wrap and a trip to the post office. I rock! Truth be told I have been gift knitting all year. This worked out great for me. Sort of a one gift one project for me kind of thing. Makes for much less knitting related stress in the fall. I highly recommend it. I can now spend all winter knitting whatever I feel like.

I picked up some undyed worsted wool today to dye up for the shop. I hope to get on that this weekend. Anyone have a colorway request?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous you have all of your knitted gifts done.
Your colors rock... you'll come up with something great.

bockstark.knits said...

You are SO on the ball! I am usually pretty good about christmas but this year I was a slacker!