Saturday, October 20, 2007

Costco and Hanna Montana

Costco opened its first store in Nebraska 2 days ago. It is maybe 5 miles from my house. So Hubby and I packed the MK's up and went to check it out. We got a membership($50.00) and did some shopping. There were so many people there we had to wait in the membership line for about 40 minutes. People were so excited you would have thought we were waiting for tickets to see Hanna Montana. The place is huge! We spent a merry hour looking at all the stuff and left with some snacks and hot cocoa. I will go back just not for a few weeks until the fever dies down. Some of these people act like they have found the promise land. I did however see a very nice Ralph Lauren Down Jacket I liked very much for $40.00. I didn't buy it though, I have a winter coat that is just fine. Now if they would just carry good yarn...

As for Hanna Montana, MG would love to go but there is no way I will pay that much for a concert. Have you heard about this? seem ticket resellers bought up all the tickets and are now getting more money for them than they would get for the Stones or the Police. $250.00-$300.00 WTF!?!?!?! I would have paid the face value price but this is nuts. Not to mention that the artist sees none of that money. I told MG they were sold out and she is happy to watch HM on tv. Still sucks though. ( for those with no kids HM is on the Disney channel. Pop star by night Jr high kid by day. She is all of 14. Daughter of Billy Ray Cryus)

In MK news MG is doing really well with her spelling and reading. I am amazed at how fast she is picking it up. She is also doing much better in the "listen to Mommy" area. This is one of the best things about being home. I have more time with her and don't give in so easy.
MB is still testing his limits. He is starting to understand that he can not punch me to get what he wants, so that's progress. We are sort of still working out our routine, but we're getting there.
Now I must go. The sun has come out again and we need it!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Costco has some amazing values if you like to buy in quantity/large packs. Be warned...things come and go and may not return on the tables/shelves. Get it when you see it, if you know what I mean. Nice to have one so close though. You will see as your son gets older and wants to eat you "out of house and home".