Saturday, May 24, 2008

Catch up

We have had 3 days of rain and ick here so I have not taken picture of my finished knitting. This afternoon looks promising though.

I am starting to get a little pissed at my wheel. I just got humming along and the flyer stopped turning. The direst drive slips on the wheel causing the flyer to not turn. When I get this fixed the yarn won't wind on to the bobbin and I have to muck with the tension. When that is set right no spin on the flyer! This is making me very unhappy at the moment. I was just starting to get the hang of the drafting. I hope to try some wheels while to the wool market. We will see.

Knitting is chugging right along, I turned the heel of the 2nd knee sock and am working the foot now. They are pretty but kind of boring to knit. I have been playing around with a little lace project. I like knitting the lace but I really have to pay attention. This is not something I can do very often because of the monsters. By the time I pick it up at night I am tired and just want to zone out.I have ripped 3 times already. Maybe I'll finish it by Christmas. I knit up a little project I liked so well I'm not gonna show you. Sorry but I am thinking about writing up the pattern and submitting it to someone to publish. I think it turned out super cool. We will see what happens. It's a winter item so it may take a while.

In shop news I ordered some superwash worsted for 2 special orders. I should have it next week. as well as a new colorway in sock yarn. Fun stuff.

No comments: