Saturday, June 21, 2008

Estes


See these 2 cute fellows? I mean the furry ones. We met them at the Estes Park Wool Market last Saturday. I had a great time. Hubby and I took the kids to meet all the animals, They both got to led a very nice alpaca named Mr Rodney around the barn. I must have stuck my hand into every fleece in the place. The range of color of the alpacas is amazing. Once the MK's had enough of that Hubby took them for some fishing on lake Estes and I was off to the vendor barn and the blogger meet up. Well I went into the vendor barn and when I came out I realized I had missed the meet up. Shopped right through it. Ah oops! I just kind of got lost in the wool fumes and couldn't get out. I had a great time wondering through the booths and talking to the vendors. I did buy a few things I have yet to take photos of. Wait till you see. I bought a skein of 100% alpaca in a natural dark grey color. So soft. I also got some very pretty hand painted wool. After I realized I had missed the meet up I went to look at the fleeces. I lost myself for a while in the fiber. They were so beautiful. I almost bought one but just could not bring myself to buy a fleece I don't know what to do with. I am sure they all got good homes. I was not the only one who lost it a little in there. hehehehe. I'll be back with pictures of the yarn and some vacation highlights. The whole week was great. We got some amazing pictures this time and went to a bunch of new palces including a fiber mill and alpaca farm.

No comments: