Sunday, August 26, 2007

Moms visit recap


Well Mom made it home last night. We had a great time while she was here. There was fun with the Grand Monsters and time to just hang out. I loved seeing her with my little ones. They are a bit of a handful right now. MB likes to act like he is a pinball machine. Mom was not really sure to do when he does this. But all in all I think she loves spending time with her Grand Monsters. Jan (moms guide dog) and Winston get along well. The first day of the visit they spent a good amount of time trying to get it on but after that it was all good. Jan loves Hubby, she loves the MK's too but was ready to go home by the end of the week. MG's first grade class got to learn all about guide dogs last week. The teacher thought it was a great chance for the kids to learn about guides. It also made MG very poplar with her class.
There was knitting too. Mom made me a scarf out of the softest yarn. I can not find the ball band (it may be in Moms bag) but I think is is Misti International Hand Dyed Alpaca. The color is Spanish Rose. I love it! It feels so good around my neck. I gave her the rest of the yarn from her Rib warmer and she knit a hat. She will also start MG's poncho. I gave her my copy of Knitters Workshop by Elizabeth Zimmerman (Do I love my Mom or what?) She is planing a sweater. I also gave her my KnitPicks catalog so she is all set. I am glad she started knitting again. She was really enjoying it. We had time while she was here to just sit and knit. It was really great to share this with her. I did not get a picture of her in the gift I made. It is EZ's rib warmer in KnitPicks Adean silk in Hollyberry. I gave her the vest and the 4 balls of yarn I had left. I guessed well on the fit too.
Bye Mom, we miss you all ready. I don't get to spend enough time with you so the time we do get is really special too me. I love you and will see you soon.
Bit of a rambling post toady...coming up... the finished WCEP hat! and a visit from GAL! Oh I will have to visit the LYS with her...oh darn a trip to the yarn store... Whats a girl to do? hehehe.
I can't wait...

1 comment:

Beth said...

Sounds like you and your Mom had a great visit. My Mom knits too and lives so near by. Usually when we get together she comes over to watch the kids for me. I've got to make time to knit with her.