Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Secret Pal 11

So I am doing the Secret Pal thing again. I had so much fun the last time so here is my Q&A



1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Right now I am loving the wool and wool blends. I love the alpaca and cashmere blends. I also love to try new yarns so anything is good. I am not a fan of furry/novelty yarns and not a big acrylic fan.



2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? right now a zip lock bag, an old pen cop and a pencil case.



3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting on and off for most of my life. I picked it up again about a year ago and have not put it down since. I learned from my Great Aunt.



4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes I do. For some reason both Hubby and me show up as him. He has not put anything on this list. You can find it here



5. What's your favorite scent? I like lots of different. Right now I am loving sage citrus vanilla and woodsy scents. Not really a floral type gal



6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I do like sweats. Dark chocolate and Carmel. Mint.
Yum



7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I do not spin, but would like to try. I like to dye yarn (mostly sock yarn). Hubby and I are building a home theatre.



8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Not really a country gal. Not really a Rap chick other than that I am pretty open. I can play mp3's and cd's. In my car cd player right now is Queens Greatest Hits.



9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Red is my favorite color, But I love color. I am not a fan of pastels or neon colors but everything else is cool. Earth tones are what I tend to go for. But let me just say I am all for trying new things.



10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married 11 years to Hubby, great guy love him!. I have two Monsters, I mean kids MG almost 7 and MB almost 4


11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Have not had a poncho since I was a kid, but all cold weather gear is welcome here!



12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?I must say a new favorite thing is socks. I think I caught the bug from my sp10 spoilee. I am also enjoying my first sweaters this year.



13. What are you knitting right now? Jaywalker socks, Tubey see side bar



14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes!!



15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like bamboo best for the larger sizes and my Knit Picks dpn's for the tiny ones. love those
points


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I believe I will very soon



17. How old is your oldest UFO?lets not go there. We must never speak of it again



18. What is your favorite holiday? I love Christmas with Halloween right behind



19. Is there anything that you collect? I collect cut and pressed glass, books, pop culture, yarn



20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I don't get any magazines. I would very much like to knit the Rouge Hoodie I have seen all over blogland. I would also very much like to get my invite to Ravelry.



21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? toe up socks, I also want to try a fair isle sweater



22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes I Am! I am a us size 7 1/2. I don't know the measurements of my foot as I try them on a lot as I go and I have only done a few. If you want em ask me and I check it out.



23. When is your birthday? 04 May



24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Sadly I am not. I had some pc drama getting on the list and there are 10,000 or so in front on me ( I rounded this # down) and so like 10,000 others ( and the 4000 behind me) I will wait. I know they are working really hard to get it open so I will try to be good.

1 comment:

Lorena said...

I hope you get spoiled rotten! Hello, person who is spoiling Sandy for Round 11. She spoiled me for Round 10, and she did a fantastic job. You'll enjoy spoiling her, she is a world of fun!