Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Notes on Tomten

Someone asked in the comments about the pattern for the Tomten. This is an Elizabeth Zimmerman pattern. I think it is just delightful. It is all garter stitch. You start at the bottom and knit back and both fronts in one flat piece. You divide the stitches for the side fronts, back and bind off at the arm hole. Then the back and sides are joined up and the hood knit. After that just pick up for the sleeves and sew in a zipper or knit on button bands. I was a little worried when I read the pattern because it is a little on the lean side but once I started knitting I found EZ had really given me all I needed to know to knit the sweater. If you have not read her books you should. Trust me you'll like them.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I keep reading about Elizabeth Zimmerman and her wonders...I guess I will have to take the plunge and try it for myself.