Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Hey look a finished object!



Here it is! In all it's glory! Hubby's WCEP hat.(sorry for the bad picture) The yarn is Knit Picks Telemark (I don't remember the color names) 1 ball each color and part of 1 ball of Knit Picks Shine Sport in cream for the lining. The liner turned out very soft and comfy. I used a Knit Picks 16" circ size 4. I need to get a bamboo or wood one for color work. The KP ones are a little slick for this. I love the way it came out. This is the most advanced color work thing I have knit. I can't wait to try more! Have you seen the Autumn Rose Sweater? so beautiful. Don't think I'm up for that just yet.

Now that this is off the WIP pile I can add to it! I need to get at the gift knitting or it will never get done. My supervisor at work VP#2 is pretty good for me and has asked me for a very warm hat with ear flaps. I need to look at some patterns for that. I also want to order the yarn for the Cobblestone Pullover from Fall Interweave Knits. I love the simple design of this sweater and Hubby seems to like the idea. I am thinking it will be a great sweater to take to the Rockies. I hope to have it under the tree. He is bound to see me knitting it but oh well. I can't wait to get started.

MB Tomten is coming along. The hood is a bit short so I will have to add some to it but so far the fit seems good for this fall. I am working on the first sleeve.

Hubby is in a new play at one of the Local theatres. It is a dark and creepy Halloween show The Duchess of Malfie (sp?) Hubby is very good at the creepy roles. Scary good. Can't take the MK's to this one. The show opens the first week in October so if I get the yarn soon enough, maybe he won't see the sweater after all

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that hat is AMAZING! I don't think I could do such complex fair isle! Or, I could, but it would take me forever!

--Your SP11

Beth said...

Great looking hat! Is the liner knit with the same yarn? I'd like to work that telemark yarn, but may find it itchy on my ears.

Sandy said...

the liner is very soft. The Knit Picks Shine is very nice to work with