Saturday, December 08, 2007

The 8th Day

One of our favorite Holiday cd's is the Barenaked for the Holidays Album(2004). The cd features many holiday standards as well as some newer songs that crack me up. My favorite track is The Elfs Lament. This track features Michael Buble.



"A full indentured servitude can reflect on one's attitude

But that silly red hat just makes the fat man look outrageous

Absurd though it may seem, you know, I've heard there's even been illegal doping

And though we're coping, I just hope it's not contagious

You try to start a movement, and you think you see improvement

But when thrown into the moment, we just don't seem so courageous



I make toys, but I've got aspirations

Make some noise Use your imagination

Girls and boys, before you wish for what you wish for

There's a list for who's been Naughty or nice, but consider the price to an elf"



Other fun tracks include:
Snowman Lyrics

Do They Know It's Christmas? Lyrics

Hanukkah O Hanukkah Lyrics

God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman / We Three Kings Lyrics

Footprints Lyrics

Deck The Stills Lyrics

This last one is pretty funny. I think I spit pop out my nose the first time I heard it.
Enjoy!

No comments: