Saturday, December 22, 2007

More from the pot!

So here we have Sunspots. 100% merino wool sock yarn. I am not a fan of yellow but this came out so pretty. I like it a lot.

And needs a name. I haven't named it yet. With the purple dye I use I can get it to crack in the pot so I get areas of blue/pink and purple. It comes out a little different every time. I love this one. It is 440 yards of worsted wool. The color is set so it can be felted.

I got some roving to dye so I'm gonna play with that today.

Hubby's Cobblestone is coming along. I am almost to the decrease rounds. I am not the fastest knitter so I need about 4-5 hours of knitting time and I should have the knitting done. The finishing should be a piece of cake. He may get it unblocked.
There is no way the sock will fit my pal. It is too big. So the way I see it is I can A: rip it out and start over. B: finish it and start a new pair for my pal. (The secret sock will fit someone I know.) C: Finish the pair and send them anyway. I can't do that. Nope she needs a pair that fit and I have plenty of time to knit a new pair. I'll decide the fate of the sock later,

MG is out of school for the next 2 weeks so we will be busy. I am going to take her to a craft class next week at Michales. She is really looking forward to it.

I am off to bake the chocolate crinkles. Yummy!

Aside to Ms. Snark, Thanks for the order. It means a lot to me. I am so happy that Hanks is doing well. I wish I could have been at that slumber party!

No comments: