Monday, December 03, 2007

Elf Hats




So I made this silly elf hat Saturday. Just sort of made it up as I went along. I kinda like it. The stripes are BunkyBoBos Hand dyed and the red is something from stash. Patons classic merino I think. That's a gold bell on the end. Adds to the silly. The color in the flat picture is really good. I like it. Sort of fun in a campy Christmas sort of way. This is going to a friend who I did not knit a campy Christmas hat for last year. I hope she thinks it funny.


Elf hat #2 is the Peppermint elf hat. Same red as before with hot pink and white Wool of the Andes from Knit Picks. Green bell this time. I love this one. I can write up the pattern if anyone wants it.

2 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

How.freaking.cute!!!

Knittynutter said...

OMG
I want that pattern [please]
My husbands nick name is 'The Elf'
As he striks a remarkable resemblance to Will Farrel[ the original elf!!] We are getting him dressed up to be santa's helper at sons rugby club christmas bash and that hat is so perfect!!!
Dont suppose you know a pattern for elf boots?